Provide Technical support, implementation, maintenance and project work associated with Telecoms, Radio (VHF/UHF/Microwave), Vessel Information Technology (IT), Communications and systems in general.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-site and remote systems support to the onshore and offshore fleet
- International travel is required
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Maintenance, installation and projects work related to vessels communication and IT equipment including:
- Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT)(KVH)(Cobham)
- Onboard KVH media server
- Onboard Captive Portal servers
- Vessel IT
- Computers: Windows 7/10, MS Office, PC hardware/software
- Networking: Switches, Wireless Access Points and VoIP
- Windows Servers 2008/2016
- As required, assist with the troubleshooting and support of the following systems:
- GMDSS SAT C equipment
- Dynamic Positioning Equipment
- Global Positioning Equipment (DGPS)
- Repair, maintenance and installation of vessel computers and related software.
- ECDIS install and configuration.
- Maintain software updates and configuration of vessel files on timely basis.
- Continuous monitoring of communication equipment and IT systems to reduce down-time.
- Cost control of vessel communication and IT systems.
- Work closely with the IT in the development and implementation of vessels standards.
- Document and inventory vessel communication and IT systems and configurations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience maintaining industrial communication systems preferably in a Marine environment.
- Degree in Electronics or IT or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience with IP based networks and associated hardware
- Knowledge and experience with Windows OS, PC hardware and software, and MS Office
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills in English both verbal and written
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Degree in Computing / Electronics or related field
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience of working in the offshore sector will be considered.
- Offshore Medical and Survival Certificates
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Experience managing and selecting third party vendors